It is a big honour for the project to inform that the Memorandum of Understanding between the United Nations Development Programme and the Cousteau society https://www.cousteau.org/english/ was signed recently.It covers the following Areas of Cooperation (as stated in the Article II)
1. Organization of marine scientific conferences and symposia in area of mutual interest
2. Cooperation in the organization and delivery of marine scientific research and assessment expeditions
3. Promotion and awareness raising of marine scientific research and assessment exhibitions:
4. Development and application of a Cousteau ocean health index
5. Development of marine resource management guidance materials (ecotourism, marine spatial planning).
At present, the EMBLAS-II project and the Society is in process of development of the Joint Action Plan under the above mentioned directions, covering the Black Sea.
We will keep you informed about the future actions, hopefully to happen!