The project has an honor to hold a Panel 3b: Towards improved environmental monitoring of the Black Sea during 4th annual high-level stakeholder conference on blue economy in the Black Sea “Connecting the region through marine and maritime cooperation” https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/maritimeforum/en/node/4048
The panel will focus on the strengthening of bilateral cooperation between Georgia and Ukraine for the Black Sea protection, development of environmental monitoring following the requirements of the EU Marine Strategy Framework Directive; new methods and findings of the Joint Black Sea surveys conducted in 2016 -2017 in frame of the EU-UNDP funded project “Improving Environmental Monitoring in the Black Sea” (EMBLAS II) as well as public involvement.
Time: 16:20 – 17:50
Ms. Tamar Bagratia, Head of National Environmental Agency, Georgia
- Ekaterine Grigalava, Deputy Minister of Environment and Natural Resources Protection of Georgia
- Vasyl Poluyko, Deputy Minister of Ecology and Natural Resources of Ukraine
- Jaroslav Slobodnik, Team Leader of the EMBLAS II project
- Marine Arabidze, Head of the Department of Environmental Pollution Monitoring, National Environmental Agency, Georgia
- Viktor Komorin, Director of Ukrainian Scientific Research Institute of Ecology of the Sea, Ukraine
- Eugen Dykyi, Deputy Director of Ukrainian Scientific Research Institute of Ecology of the Sea, Ukraine
- Olena Marushevska, PR expert of the EMBLAS II project
Topics to be covered:
- Enforcement of the bilateral cooperation between Georgia and Ukraine in the field of environmental protection of the Black Sea and its catchment
- About the project, results of the Joint Black Sea Surveys 2016 and peculiarities of Joint Black Sea surveys 2017
- Results of National Pilot Monitoring studies in Georgia and Ukraine
- Monitoring of dolphins: current results and future actions
- Public involvement into environmental monitoring of the Black Sea.
Hope to see you soon at our side event. It will be interesting we promise!