SCIENCE AND ART AWARENESS PROJECT FOR THE REFUGEE KIDS IN UKRAINE “BLACK SEA DIARY – 2022”
- September 13, 2022
On the 11th of September, the science and art project “Black Sea diary – 2022” started in Odesa with the support of the EU-UNDP project EU4EMBLAS and creative space “Dialogues”, Odesa. Its main target group is refugee kids interested in the study of the Black Sea and at the same time learning new artistic styles.
Each participant of the school listens to the lectures about marine life done by the excellent scientists of the Ukrainian center of the ecology of the Sea and the Institute of marine biology. After this, they need to select their hero, which they will present creatively.
After it, they need to select an artistic style.
Proposed art forms:
Natural materials (like bones and shells) or marine waste are appreciated.
Each work will be submitted with the scientific and personal story about this inhabitant.
Finally, we expect many scientific and artworks to be presented at the special exhibition in Odesa devoted to the Black Sea Day.
By this school, we hope to achieve the following results:
• Course about marine life is presented in the form of alive lections to the kids;
• Kids get an opportunity for their research and presentation;
• Refugee kids get more integrated and involved in society and get better morale;
• High-value art products are received in the end and presented at the unique exhibition (which can further travel by Ukraine, raising people’s awareness about the Black Sea).
• Wishing inspiration to all the participants! To be continued…